Kindergarten is an important year of schooling as children formally begin to develop their literacy and numeracy skills.
Supervisor: Mrs Heidi Hosking
KRZ : Miss Zele
KSG: Mrs Gaul
KCW : Miss Wallekers
KSV : Miss Vella
Message to parents
Our aim is to develop friendly, cooperative and independent students. The support and interest of parents has a huge impact on students’ attitudes towards school. There are many ways in which you can help your child in Kindergarten:
- Please label all clothing such as hats, jumpers and jackets.
- Ensure your child always wears their correct school uniform; including hat, shoes and socks.
- Pack a healthy recess and lunch for your child. It helps your child to listen and focus in class.
- Limit the amount of money they are given to spend at the canteen.
- Don’t allow your child to bring expensive toys or games to school.
- Don’t allow your child to bring jewellery to school. If earrings are worn, they are to be small studs or sleepers. No rings, necklaces, bracelets or nail polish is to be worn.
- Please send cupcakes, fairy bread or donuts to school if you wish to celebrate their birthday.
- Teach your child to tie their shoelaces and remove their own jumper and jacket.
- Ensure your child reads each night and their reading club sheet is signed by an adult. Your child will receive a reading folder, levelled book and reading club sheet in Week 5 of this term.
All Kindergarten teachers will be teaching to Early Stage One outcomes, according to the Department of Education syllabus. The teaching, delivery and implementation may differ slightly from class to class, according to the needs and interests of each class, as well as the availability of resources and individuality of the teachers. You will receive an overview of our teaching content, for all key learning areas each term.
If you have any concerns or queries regarding your child and their education, please do not hesitate to contact the office to make an appointment to see your child’s teacher. We are always willing to discuss your child and their learning needs at a mutually convenient time.
Click here to download the Kindergarten Information note